- YouTube is a threat to TV and will become its demise
- YouTube is an additonal channel to TV and the two will eventually create a hybrid media source
- Video cameras become more commonplace & cheaper (quality of mobile phone video)
- Methods of posting video content to the internet become easier
- Broadband continues to increase in speed and overall usage
- People find it more acceptable to communicate and interact in this way
Note: This has already been covered intially in my post 'This time the revolution will be televised', so I'll not go into it again.
But on the other hand there are those who believe that Online Video will bring about the death of TV, particularly in the guise of YouTube. So are we right to ask Buggles to rewrite their song? Or is everyone just getting a little too paranoid?..... errr.... YES!
Here's their full report: ttp://www.immi.com/pdfs/OnlineViewership.pdf
It does then beg the question of where these extra hours are coming from.... perhaps they've stopped listening to 80's radio stations!