- Create blog posts regularly (one per week is better than 3 in one week & non for the next two)
- Create one post for each subject (e.g. one keyword / search term) as prioritised in your keyword strategy*
- Write approx 300 words (if many more are written, consider dividing the post into two or more)
- Write normally and don't worry about 'old school' keyword stuffing
- Title = approx 55 characters
- Meta Description = approx 155 characters (but we are seeing examples where this can be up to 300 characters for some clients now)
- Meta Keywords = [ignore these, most search engines do too]
- Analyse the traffic to each blog post (where this traffic comes from, bounce rate, conversions generated, etc.)
- Do more of what work and do less of what doesn't
Monday, May 21, 2018
Basic blogging guide for SEO
I sometimes get asked by clients for a quick guide on how to create blog posts that help with website Search Engine Optimisation.
So here is a very quick guide to writing blog posts for SEO:
*What do you mean you don't have a keyword strategy?