Wednesday, October 11, 2023

World Passenger Festival 2023 - questions part 1

In advance of the World Passenger Festival 2023, I was asked to answer a few questions. These were published in a document for those attending.

In the next few posts, I will publish those questions and my replies. Here's the first...

Can you share your background work with us?

I’ve been working across the Digital sector for 30 years. This includes being the Tech Director for a start-up in the dotcom era and now running Ideal Interface, a technology & online marketing consultancy based near Glasgow.

My love of transport started back in 2005, when I joined P&O Ferries as their Head of eBusiness. Since then, we’ve provided digital and technology assistance to a range of public and private organisations across the transport and mobility sector.

Until recently I was the Architect & Technology Lead for the Rail Delivery Group’s [RDG] Rail Data Marketplace, a great project that provides a single data sharing platform for rail related information.  And currently I am back supporting several start-ups in the race to make sense of data and integration technologies across both the mobility and Net Zero markets.

I’m also the founder of The Open Transport Initiative (the Open Standard that enables customer account data integration & interoperability across the sector – best explained as the ‘Open Banking for Transport’). Plus I’ve just been invited to join the Steering Board of MaaS Scotland, where I regularly contribute to their Data & Governance Special Interest Group.


No comments: