- Do nothing, wait and watch (or ignore)
- Carry out a limited trial
- Fully embrace social networking
- There is no reason for them to use social networking
(e.g. they are too small, specialised or have no products/services to speak of)
- They are ignoring it, hoping it will go away
- Social Networking sites for brands/products have already been set up already by fans (and can therefore be monitoried and/or influenced in a cost effective way)
- They believe it is too difficult or technically complex to set up
- They have exisiting methods of communicating that do not suit digital technologies
(I struggle to think who this would be.... but I'm sure they all have their reasons).
- They have been scared off by the transparency and humility required
- There is not a definitive Return on Investment model (ROI).
I was recently told this by a senior marketing type, who had for years used tradional hit & miss TV & Radio campaigns to keep his company just about treading water in its own market space. I had to quote the old Lord Lever phrase at him)
What's your company's excuse for not engaging?